Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mock Peach Cobbler

This recipe got me into trouble. I ate more than one serving and I don't do well with a lot of fruit in my diet (too much sugar). Make sure you are sharing or put it away for later!

3 peaches, diced
1 cup of uncooked oats
2t core-friendly oil or "I can't believe it's not butter" spray
2T Splenda
Cinnamon
1/2 c water
1/4 c fat free milk (you can use 3/4 water and no milk, also)

Spray the bottom of a baking dish. Line peaches on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the oats evenly over the peaches. Drizzle oil or coat with a few sprays of ICBINB spray. Add water and milk (or just water) and then sprinkle the splenda and cinnamon over the peaches evenly (cinnamon to taste).

Bake at 400 degrees, covered for 20 minutes. Pull from oven, stir, and then put back into oven (covered). Check every 5-10 minutes or until the oats are desired consistency.

No comments: